Our Sales & Marketing Manager EMEA (Nutrition), Clare Panchoo, is attending InCosmetics Global in London from tomorrow. To get in touch with Clare regarding a meeting please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her on +41 79 540 4226.
Verite™ resveratrol is an ideal addition in cosmetics and personal care products:
1. We offer a 99% pure cosmetic-grade resveratrol.
2. The INCI name ‘resveratrol’ has been assigned to Veri-te™ resveratrol and we have a full safety dossier available.
3. It is odourless and an off-white colour making it very versatile for formulation.
4. There is significant scientific data suggesting that resveratrol’s antioxidant, anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties can promote skin youthfulness and may help mild skin conditions such as acne.
In clinical studies Resveratrol has been seen to:
- Reduce the depth of wrinkles
- Improve skin elasticity and skin moisturisation
- Significantly decrease the intensity of age spots and hyperpigmentation
- Reduce oxidative stress
- Help mild acne
- Reduce the expression of certain pro-inflammatory cytokine genes. These genes are thought to be of major importance in the development of psoriasis.
- Poljšak B and Dahmane R. Free Radicals and Extrinsic Skin Aging. Dermatol Res Pract. 2012, 135206 (2012).
- Farris, P. et al. Resveratrol : A Unique Antioxidant Offering a Multi-Mechanistic Approach for Treating Aging Skin. J Drugs Dermatol. 12,1389-1394. (2013).
- Buonocore, D. et al. Resveratrol-procyanidin blend: nutraceutical and antiaging efficacy evaluated in a placebo- controlled , double-blind study. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 5, 159–165 (2012).
- Britton, R. G., Kovoor, C. and Brown, K. Direct molecular targets of resveratrol : identifying key interactions to unlock complex mechanisms. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1348, 124–133 (2015).
- Bernard, P. and Berthon, J. Resveratrol : an original mechanism on tyrosinase inhibition. Int J Cosmet Sci. 22, 219–226 (2000).
- Lee, T. H. et al. Inhibitory Effects of Resveratrol on Melanin Synthesis in Ultraviolet B-Induced Pigmentation in Guinea Pig Skin. Biomol Ther (Seoul). 22,35-40 (2014).
- Coenye, T. et al. Eradication of Propionibacterium acnes biofilms by plant extracts and putative identification of icariin, resveratrol and salidroside as active compounds. Phytomedicine. 19, 409–412 (2012).
- Kim, S. O. Y. et al. Resveratrol exerts growth inhibitory effects on human SZ95 sebocytes through the inactivation of the PI3-K / Akt pathway. Int J Mol Med. 35, 1042–1050 (2015).
- Fabbrocini, G. and Study, P. Resveratrol-Containing Gel for the Treatment of Acne Vulgaris Resveratrol-Containing Gel for the Treatment of Acne Vulgaris. Am J Clin Dermatol. 12,133-141 (2011).
- Poulsen, M. M. et al. Resveratrol and inflammation: Challenges in translating pre-clinical fi ndings to improved patient outcomes. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1852, 1124–1136 (2015).
- Kjær, T. et al. Resveratrol Ameliorates Imiquimod-Induced Psoriasis-Like Skin Inflammation in Mice. PLoS One. 10, 1–18 (2015).